Stratum allows multiple physician groups to leverage aggregate volumes to collectively negotiate enhanced pricing/contracts across a myriad of service and product categories however, we also provide the opportunity to work and learn together.
We pool our resources, intellectual capital, and share investment costs in a way that allows us to explore business opportunities we might not be able to access otherwise given that most of us are mid-market healthcare organizations running on thin margins. Although our shareholders and members experience significant financial benefits through the relationship, the greater value we have found in the Stratum collaboration is the chance to network with other large multi-specialty groups that face similar challenges and opportunities.
Shared Learning Initiatives
Stratum’s Shared Learning initiatives are driven by a subset of specialized work groups. The work group structure successfully promotes an environment in which our Shareholders and Clients can work collectively to address common issues to the benefit of their respective organizations. The following philosophies and ideals are shared by Stratum members thus creating the driving force behind our Shared Learning Organization:
- Leverage, whenever possible, Stratum’s collective buying power when negotiating with vendors or service providers.
- Why “re-invent the wheel” each time on common projects or initiatives when a Stratum product endorsed by all Shareholders can be rolled out.
- Driven by best practice standards, standardize processes where possible and migrate toward common systems.
- Create a “second to none” peer group where issues can be shared and discussed.
- Share the talents and capitalize on the wealth of intellectual capital that exists among our Shareholders and Clients.
Not only does Stratum’s Shared Learning model provide a great deal of value to our Shareholders and Clients but value is delivered at low cost and minimal effort. Each work group is coordinated and facilitated by a Stratum executive member thus reducing time and energy necessary for preparation and follow up by participants. Currently our Shared Learning Work Groups include:
Human Resources – Employee Benefits