Carle is actively seeking a creative and innovative professional to manage the system’s accounts receivables and to optimize reimbursement in a compliant fashion for the entire system including, in-patient services, ambulatory clinics, post-acute services, specialty pharmacy, etc. Specifically, this role will have direct oversite of Patient Financial Services, Health Information Management, Revenue Cycle Systems, patient admittance and registration as well as intake functions at select outpatient locations. This role will require a confident self-starter with a dynamic appreciation of revenue cycle management and business office solutions with a passion for contributing to the overall goals of the organization with high ethical integrity.
Carle is a not-for-profit, locally owned and operated healthcare system that includes Carle Foundation Hospital, a 413-bed Level 1 Trauma Center, Carle Physician Group boasting 450+ physicians and over 650 total providers, and Health Alliance, the largest health plan in downstate Illinois with hundreds of network hospitals and 250,000 members in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Washington.
Other Principle Accountabilities
- Leads and directs the Revenue Cycle Division’s activities through reporting Directors with guidance from the Senior VP/CRCO. Establishes operational goals, objectives and budgets. Responsibilities include the planning of optimal operating policies and procedures required to deliver quality services and enhance operational processes and workflows.
- Designs and oversees an industry-leading patient access and revenue cycle operational model that ensures high physician and customer satisfaction, organizational efficiency, and strong financial performance while ensuring accurate and complete data collection, streamlined financial clearance functions prior to service and sound cash collections processes.
- Monitors ongoing performance of the revenue cycle through the development, production and distribution of performance metrics. Facilitates performance improvement/process redesign as needed.
- Oversees all contracted/outsourced services. Effectively negotiates contracted vendor arrangements and manages performance from all vendors.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards and directives from regulatory agencies, governmental bodies and third parties.
The Vice President, Revenue Cycle Operations will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Chief Revenue Cycle Officer.
The Vice President, Revenue Cycle Operations will be a data-driven leader with strong business acumen, and impeccable communication. This individual will also possess the ability to articulate and deliver a message system-wide as well as to external partners.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a progressively responsible healthcare revenue cycle and/or patient financial services role
- Minimum five (5) years Executive level or Vice President experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
Headquartered in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, Carle services approximately 1.5 million residents in 22 counties in Central/Eastern Illinois and Western Indiana. Carle has one of the largest outpatient treatment centers in Illinois and encompasses fourteen regional branch clinics. Home to the University of Illinois, Champaign- Urbana is a diverse community of 195,000, which offers cultural, sporting and entertainment options typically associated with much larger cities. The community is centrally located two hours from Chicago and Indianapolis and three hours from St. Louis.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume to:
Stratum Med, Inc.
Location: Illinois / Indiana
Type: Executive Opportunities