Carle Foundation Hospital, a vertically integrated healthcare delivery system in Central Illinois, is actively seeking a leader to oversee their respiratory therapy operations. The Manager of Respiratory Care evaluates and monitors staff performance to ensure that optimal respiratory therapy is being provided consistent with Department policies and procedures. This individual oversees both the business and clinical aspects of the department including: budget management, staff scheduling oversight, and the monitoring of equipment and supplies. This servant leader will be recognized as a resource to staff, ancillary department personnel, nurses and physicians while competent in all clinical areas in order to care for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric areas.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) – NBRC and Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner Illinois and Intubation and Arterial Line Certified
Minimum five (5) years of clinical Respiratory care experience post registry status. Solid understanding of all aspects of respiratory care. Experience in leadership position overseeing staff performance and equipment resources.
Working knowledge Microsoft Office.
- Reviews work/charting completed by staff members to aid in their improvement and understanding of care. Provides clinical support and assistance to the Respiratory Care Staff.
- Allocates staff resources to effectively assure that patients are taken care of appropriately. Insures adequate staffing for the following shift before leaving shift.
- Provides guidance, counseling and disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Participates in PI data gathering to provide measures of how clinical practice is being administered.
- Ensures utilization of staff in a cost effective manner.
- Assists in orientation and training of personnel.
- Participates in performing departmental clinical education check-offs to assist Coordinators in timely completion of competency checks.
- Evaluates and monitors therapy provided to insure optimal level of care consistent with Departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs clinical problem solving skills to be able to approach decisions through proper evaluation and to be able to rearrange priorities.
- Ensures equipment is clean and in proper working order at all times before leaving the shift; assures the department is clean and in an organized condition.
- Functions as a role model in Respiratory Care demonstrating competency in clinical judgment, select technical skills and appropriate knowledge base.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Shareholder/ Facility: Carle
Type: Executive Opportunities