Carle is actively seeking a creative and innovative professional to actively participate in defining and supporting strategic and tactical visions in the development and oversight of Carle enterprise information systems related to the management of revenue cycle activities. Specifically, this role will support and direct the training area for applications related to revenue systems. This role is responsible for planning, analyzing, and developing operational procedures and business processes while managing the overall functions of systems development/applications maintenance for the financial systems, and related tools, maintained in the business office.
- Monitors employee performance and ensures timely communications for the purpose of goal setting, performance evaluations, wage increases and continued personnel actions.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages capital and operating budget within agreed upon standards.
- Ensures smooth operation of all departmental functions according to approved policies and in accordance with all state and federal law and applicable accreditation standards.
- Establishes and ensures that the overall objectives relating to the Carle Experience are achieved.
- Provides leadership, vision, and management to assigned department(s). Sets departmental strategic direction and goals and develops appropriate tactical plans to meet them.
- Oversees the development, review, and revision of department policies and procedures.
- Develops, manages, and implements enterprise strategy related to the billing processes and financial data flow.
- Verifies, updates, or creates standard operating procedure defining the actions and procedures to keep the system operational and in a validated state.
- Acts as liaison and consultant for other departments that are implementing new processes or applications within the enterprise.
- At times, may be responsible for the management of operations related to accounts receivable.
The Director will report directly to the Vice President, Revenue Cycle Operations.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a progressively responsible healthcare revenue cycle and/or patient financial services role.
- Experience in program development and staff supervision.
- Experience in a large, integrated health care system that includes physician practice and acute care hospital.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field required.
Headquartered in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, Carle services approximately 1.5 million residents in 22 counties in Central/Eastern Illinois and Western Indiana. Carle has one of the largest outpatient treatment centers in Illinois and encompasses fourteen regional branch clinics. Home to the University of Illinois, Champaign- Urbana is a diverse community of 195,000, which offers cultural, sporting and entertainment options typically associated with much larger cities. The community is centrally located two hours from Chicago and Indianapolis and three hours from St. Louis.
Type: Executive Opportunities