Springfield Clinic is seeking a highly energetic, finance-focused practice operations leader to provide superior physician centric oversight of their Cardiology, Vascular Surgery, Urology, Rheumatology and Infusion departments. This role will require a confident professional with extensive experience in guiding the financial, strategic and regulatory operations of one of the largest independent medical groups in the state. In addition, this individual will provide market analysis and assess business development opportunity to help lead clinical expansion including plans for a new clinic building.
The Director of Operations will provide tactical guidance to guarantee high performance of day-to-day departmental operations and will be responsible for developing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as staff management. This individual will be charged with short and long-term strategic thought process, operational planning, formulation of quality initiatives and performance improvement projects.
- Report directly to the Vice President of Operations
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports to support decision making
- Research/review current market and industry trends to benchmark services
- Lead analysis/exploration of continued revenue growth and cost reduction strategies
- Participate in performance improvement activities including provider/clinical workflow
- Provide mentoring to management team and guide cross-functional collaborations
- Serve as the conduit to other clinical departments and administrative leaders
- Facilitate departmental meetings and provide performance feedback
The Director of Operations will be a detail-oriented and data-driven leader with strong business acumen, progressive thought process, superior communication and team-building skills. This individual will possess the ability to articulate a message and preserve the organization’s core values while maintaining
accountability and integrity.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive healthcare leadership experience, preferably in a large independent or physician-owned group practice setting
- Prior leadership experience in Cardiovascular departments, Heart Centers or procedural based specialties is highly desired
- Experience in negotiating insurance contracts and managed care arrangements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required
- MBA, Master’s, or advanced degree in a healthcare related field is preferred
Headquartered in downtown Springfield, IL, Springfield Clinic is a multi-specialty physician-owned medical group boasting over 400 providers practicing across 80+ different medical specialties. Springfield Clinic serves a population of nearly one million patients with over 20 medical offices supporting 40 specialty outreach destinations.
Springfield is located in the heart of central Illinois and is a community of approximately 115,000 people with a well-diversified economic base. As the state capital, Springfield offers arts, sports, culture, outdoor activities, deep historical connections and unique attractions. Centrally located a short drive from St. Louis and within 3 hours of Chicago, Springfield also offers convenient access to big city amenities.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume to:
Type: Executive Opportunities