The Senior Director of Innovation & Operations Excellence will strategically identify opportunities to leverage technology, create connectivity and implement cross functional solutions to help control an innovative patient pathway that eliminates care access barriers and creates an intuitive environment for the healthcare consumer, while simultaneously increasing operational efficiency, profitability and cross platform communication. At the same time, will be responsible for driving achievement of Springfield Clinic’s Front-End business operations, quality goals, Lean deployment/standardization, and execution of strategic projects and initiatives across all Springfield Clinic locations.
The Senior Director will gain and sustain competitive advantage for Springfield Clinic by developing company wide deployment plans and by managing the implementation of operational excellence/innovation projects. This leader will stimulate adoption of technology, vendor partnerships and solution-based opportunities to deliver improved connectivity within patient care, consumer focused processes and future operational readiness. In addition, this role will be responsible for finding innovative ways to link providers, resources and services such as; transportation, education, imaging, testing, etc. across multiple organizations to support a vision of becoming a best-in-class leader in the region as the benchmark for excellent consumer and patient experience.
Furthermore, this role will be charged with measuring success by gathering data and reporting on key performance indicators that valuate project results in the form of expense reduction, revenue generation or improved customer service.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a leadership/process improvement capacity partnering with cross-business, or cross-functional teams
- Experience working/executing in an innovation-oriented mindset business environment
- Prior technology or innovation experience in the healthcare industry is highly desired
- Lean/Six Sigma certification/belt required and a Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred
- Ability to champion, utilize and deploy Performance Improvement and innovation methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, value/journey mapping etc.) principles and tools to solve problems, reduce waste, assess technology utilization/needs, vet new solutions and vendor partnership, improve profitability, quality, performance and create alignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required
- MBA, Master’s, or advanced degree in a related field is favorable
Headquartered in downtown Springfield, IL, Springfield Clinic is a multi-specialty physician-owned group boasting 400 providers practicing across 80+ medical specialties. Springfield Clinic serves a population of nearly one million patients with over 20 medical offices supporting 40 specialty outreach destinations.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume to:
Type: Executive Opportunities