Springfield Clinic, one of the largest independent medical groups in the Midwest, is seeking a dynamic, progressive thinking individual, with a contagious appetite for innovation that will help transform care delivery and patient experience. This individual will strategically identify opportunities to leverage technology, create connectivity and implement cross functional solutions to help control an innovative patient pathway that eliminates care access barriers and creates an intuitive environment for the healthcare consumer, while simultaneously increasing operational efficiency, profitability and cross platform communication.
The Director of Innovation and Experience will gain and sustain competitive advantage for Springfield Clinic by developing company wide deployment plans and by managing the implementation of operational excellence/innovation projects. This leader will stimulate adoption of technology, vendor partnerships and solution-based opportunities to deliver improved connectivity within patient care, consumer focused processes and future operational readiness. In addition, this role will be responsible for finding innovative ways to link providers, resources and services such as; transportation, education, imaging, testing, etc. across multiple organizations to support a vision of becoming a best-in-class leader in the region as the benchmark for excellent consumer and patient experience.
Furthermore, this role will be charged with measuring innovation success by gathering data and reporting on key performance indicators that valuate project results in the form of expense reduction, revenue generation or improved customer service.
Key Areas of Opportunity:
- Develop the innovation framework by guiding the organization toward adopting new technology and other new initiatives in order to move point of care onto digital platform as part of the customer centered changes
- Partner closely with leadership to implement new programs, technologies and strategies to improve care delivery across the entire care continuum
- Develop a platform for continuous patient tracking to ensure data is being collected and utilized in effort to deliver the highest quality of care at the most fiscally responsible cost
- Plan and execute activities that assess patient expectations, including standardizing the patient journey with improvement opportunities for the patient experience in all touch points
- Collaborate with marketing and business development to define who the customer is (patient, consumer, family, etc), translate the customer to an experience and defined the role customer experience has in driving business/growth that will create a customer-centric culture and accelerate business strategy
- Lead the capture, measurement and optimization of key performance indicators to be implemented to gauge experience, loyalty and satisfaction effectiveness
- Provide a clear understanding of customer analytics and clearly articulate the science/direction behind the data utilizing insights from analytics, usability audits, and customer research results
- Monitor national and industry best practices and trends to tailor strategies to ensure the Clinic performs as a best-in-class patient experience institution
- Analyze and interpret data to make recommendations to activities, while promoting acceptance and compliance with change management processes by developing and executing broad based implementation and communication plans
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a leadership capacity partnering with crossbusiness, or cross-functional teams
- Experience working/executing in an innovation oriented mindset business environment
- Prior technology or innovation experience in the healthcare industry is highly desired
- Value stream mapping experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required
- MBA, Master’s, or advanced degree in a related field is favorable
Headquartered in downtown Springfield, IL, Springfield Clinic is a multi-specialty physician-owned group boasting 400 providers practicing across 80+ medical specialties. Springfield Clinic serves a population of nearly one million patients with over 20 medical offices supporting 40 specialty outreach destinations.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume to:
Type: Executive Opportunities